9 pages tagged with Volunteers:
- Advantage Africa: Christmas gift wrapping offer Your volunteers can be powerful donors for your cause. Advantage Africa uses the simple service of offering a Christmas gift-wrapping service in a local shopping centre that raises a substantial amount of money for their work in Kenya and Uganda. This is an idea that could be adapted to raise money all over the world.
- Are you asking for gifts personally, face-to-face? Simone Joyaux has a wealth of experience in how to talk to donors and asks a very pertinent question: are you asking for gifts personally, face-to-face?
- Cure Cancer Australia: ‘can too’ sporting events Young people raise money for a great cause while being coached by professionals in a whole variety of sporting skills.
- Durham Cathedral in LEGO: innovative buy-a-brick fundraising An innovative version of traditional buy-a-brick fundraising with a spectacular totaliser and easily replicable as a fundraising mechanic.
- Enabling volunteers to do the right stuff Simone Joyeaux is determined to help nonprofits get their governance right. In her latest article for SOFII she writes about the importance of enabling your volunteers.
- Help the Oma Having trouble finding volunteers for your charity? If yes, then please go to this great case history. Its splendid use of video shows that people really do want to help others less fortunate – you just have to give them a way to do it.
- Macmillan Cancer Support: the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning What would fundraising be without volunteers? Another great exhibit that shows how partnerships can turn a simple idea into pure gold.
- United Way Hungary: ‘why do I help?’ campaign This campaign raised additional funds from corporate sponsors, increased the number of donations from employees and raised awareness of giving and volunteering.
- University of Washington: ‘stuff the bus’ campaign. ‘Stuff the bus’ campaigns are fundraising events all over North America, each organised entirely by volunteers in their local towns with great success.