10 pages tagged with International development:
- ActionAid: the inserts with built-in reply mechanism This promotion raised £millions and won almost every direct marketing award going. It also helped propel a new and little known organisation called ActionAid into the list of Britain's top 20 charities. Action Aid created a new format, which was then copied by dozens, perhaps hundreds of other organisations.
- Book Aid International: the Reverse Book Club This medium level structured monthly giving scheme is a good example of a fundraising product that has been specifically designed to fit the needs of donors to a very particular and specific cause.
- Cesvi: ‘stop AIDS at birth’ campaign Cesvi launched the first fully integrated fundraising campaign in Italian history that was inspired by the words of HIV-positive child Nkosi Johnson at the International AIDS Conference in Durban in 2000.
- Islamic Relief: ‘Hey, you with the beard!’ Great video fundraising to mark the start of Ramadan These short, dramatic, upbeat videos combined with the matched funding opportunity were sure to be real winners for Islamic Relief.
- Kiva: person-to-person micro-lending The first video gives a real sense of excitement and shows vividly the scope of Kiva’s work. The second is the simple story of Pedro and his family and how Kiva’s lenders are helping him fight his way out of poverty.
- Médecins sans Frontières (Doctors Without Borders): powerful storytelling without words This advertisement produced for television and cinema is an effective demonstration of powerful storytelling even though nobody speaks a word in it.
- Medicos Sin Fronteras: medicine for someone else’s pain ‘Pills for another person’s pain is a project of awareness and also a new symbol of hope.’
- Merlin’s Plumpy’Nut challenge: fun, easy, something anyone could do Merlin’s challenge to the Twittersphere raised lots of money and reached people who had not previously heard of Merlin or the food crisis in Africa.
- UNESCO: Empowering Local Radios with ICTs An immersive digital story-telling experience which shows the transformative power of local radio in Africa and really connects the target audience with the impact of the project.
- UNICEF India: the ‘tele-facing’ campaign This novel approach to re-qualifying potential major donors sits between telephone and face-to-face fundraising. It is an example of how telephone fundraising and face-to-face fundraising are evolving and being adapted in India to take account of the country’s large population and distinctive business culture – with quite impressive results.