11 pages tagged with Peer to peer:
- A story that wakes you up in your career If emotional responses raise money, then fundraisers need to think about the last story that genuinely ‘woke them up in their career’ and made them feel something.
- Alexander’s Fund: how fundraising inspired a community to save a life Alexander’s Fund inspired a community and raised over £255,000 in less than two weeks to save a young boy’s life.
- American Cancer Society: Relay For Life An idea that started as one man fundraising by walking and running a track for 24 hours has become a global event raising over $5 billion to help save lives throughout the world.
- Emory University’s Blue Pig Campaign Emory University started the Blue Pig Campaign to encourage its undergraduate students to give to the university and foster good links for alumni fundraising by using a Facebook account and Twitter profile.
- Knickers Model’s Own in aid of Cancer Research UK A grieving daughter's fashion tribute to her mother became a highly successful digital fundraising campaign that turned grief into a triumph and a legacy, raising nearly £60,000.
- Liberty in North Korea autumn campaign A fantastic cause that, perhaps unsurprisingly, has caught the imagination of hundreds of young people. It is surprising though that this group of under-30s has donated over $500,000. Proof, if it were needed, that a highly personal campaign, brilliant creativity and storytelling will always inspire donors and will even create some new ones.The challenge now will be to keep these young people motivated to keep giving as they grow older and their income grows. Maybe one day they will become legacy prospects.
- Merlin’s Plumpy’Nut challenge: fun, easy, something anyone could do Merlin’s challenge to the Twittersphere raised lots of money and reached people who had not previously heard of Merlin or the food crisis in Africa.
- One Girl: Do It In A Dress Dresstastic challenge event from Australia that allows volunteers to use their creative fundraising juices and have fun.
- Roundabout's Sleep out Speaking at IWITOT 2018, Harry Owens of the Sepsis Trust shared his experiences of sleeping rough for a night as part of a challenge fundraising event to combat homelessness, and the insight he got into homeless youth support charity Roundabout's crucial work and the very real challenges faced by their beneficiaries.
- Santa Dashes aplenty as the festive season approaches The Santa Dash is fun and colourful event that has spread across the UK and around the globe and raised money for a huge number of charities.
- Tough Mudder A success story from non-professional fundraisers, this time two young men. Tough Mudder is a challenge that includes fire, ice and electric shock obstacles and is more about camaraderie and team spirit than being the best. So far it has raised £5 million across the globe.