10 pages tagged with Arts:
- Art Fund: Crowdfunding to save Prospect Cottage (part one) Derek Jarman was a huge figure in modern British cinema and art. Now his unique home, a work of art in itself, is the subject of a truly inspirational and ambitious crowdfunding campaign by the Art Fund. We sat down with three of the drivers behind the campaign to discuss Jarman, Prospect Cottage and crowdfunding. They wowed us, so we hope they'll wow you too!
- Durham Cathedral in LEGO: innovative buy-a-brick fundraising An innovative version of traditional buy-a-brick fundraising with a spectacular totaliser and easily replicable as a fundraising mechanic.
- Going viral: creative social media campaigns to inspire museums Are you a cultural organisation looking to get more out of social media? Then prepare to be inspired by these three exceptional campaigns.
- Kelvingrove refurbishment appeal: capital campaign Find out how this great, superbly well planned capital campaign was executed with such great style and character that it exceeded its target by more than two times.
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art: capital campaign How direct mail and the phone together can secure massive support from lower dollar donors. By following the approach described here, nonprofit organisations that find it difficult to reach very wealthy donors can supplement their capital campaign.
- Steel Yard: ‘fund a day’ appeal Every now and then we see great fundraising ideas that can be easily adapted and adopted by other nonprofit organisations, particularly smaller ones. This example is particularly useful as it shows a small organisation raising money imaginatively to cover its general running costs.
- Ten fundraising truths inspired by Booker T. Washington Booker T. Washington was the first president of the Tuskegee Institute (now Tuskegee University). But did you know he was also a skilled fundraiser? In this article, Marina Jones shares ten fundraising truths based on Washington’s success and insight. Dive in and be inspired!
- The Art Fund: the battle to save the Staffordshire Hoard This emergency appeal captivated the imagination of the public and was so successful that it even closed a few weeks early. This will be a useful read for all fundraisers.
- The German Leprosy Relief Association: ‘Different Strokes’, the art show with a difference Different strokes – an art show with a cause – organised by the German Leprosy Relief Associaiton in India created a world of opportunity for disabled, or rather differently-able, adults and children artists by giving them the opportunity to show – and sell – their work alongside that of professionals.
- Whitney Museum of American Art: Curate Your Own Membership A unique example of a membership model that allows members to select what they want based on interest and useage not on traditional demographics.