13 pages tagged with Top tips:
- Are you asking for gifts personally, face-to-face? Simone Joyaux has a wealth of experience in how to talk to donors and asks a very pertinent question: are you asking for gifts personally, face-to-face?
- Asking your donors the right way – six tips to build relationships and giving Fundraisers, we all know it can be hard to make the ask. Whether you need to speak to your donor in person or on paper, it’s not easy to ask for the donations that your organisation and your beneficiaries need. In this article, copywriter and consultant George Crankovic shares six useful tips to help you make that all-important request.
- From the Myth Smashers: is fundraising all about the money? What is fundraising all about? If you think it’s all about making money, then think again. Claire Hughes talks you through how we can all smash this fundraising myth.
- How thank-you letters can help you achieve your major giving potential Ikhlaq Hussain shares his expert advice on how to write considerate, effective thank-you letters for major donors that are more likely to lead to further donations.
- How to show the right gratitude attitude to new e-mail subscribers The first e-mail you send to new subscribers is crucial, as it will inform whether or not they open any subsequent messages. In this handy guide, Ephraim Gopin explains how to ensure you start off on the front foot.
- My first weeks as a fundraiser: where do I start? SOFII presents ‘My first weeks as a fundraiser’: a series to guide you through the start of your fundraising career. We hope to create a treasure trove linking you to the best of what’s on SOFII when it comes to the essentials of fundraising, aka everything you need to get your feet under the table.
- Supporter care – it’s the best investment you can make in fundraising Ralph Welch didn’t expect his chance encounter with a Women’s Super League customer service team to make him think much about fundraising. But an unexpected response after a recent purchase made him reflect on charities and supporter care. Read on to find out more and learn a few top tips.
- The A to Z of writing fundraising appeals: G to L From grammar to the length of fundraising copy via important takes on jargon, headlines and even Rudyard Kipling, Bluefrog’s Steve Lynch continues to take a fun and informative linguistic foray through fundraising essentials.
- The pie lies – why you should put the charity spending pie chart straight in the bin Pie charts may seem like a good way to assess your organisation’s success but Caoileann Appleby of Ask Direct points out they’re really best ignored – or even chucked in the bin.
- The science of fundraising: Ask a behavioural scientist, part three Does naming your campaign improve acquisition? What should you call your monthly donor programme? The answer to these and other fundraising questions may be found in behavioural science.
- Two days in Dublin: fundraising inspiration in Ireland’s capital – part three In the third part of our report from Dublin, we cover a brilliant panel debate on the serious gender imbalance in fundraising. We also bring you a report on Norwegian website expert Beate Sørum’s insightful presentation.
- Why do people give? A podcast by Mark Phillips of Bluefrog Fundraising. We’re delighted to bring you the first edition of a very special podcast: Why do people give? Hosted by Mark Phillips of agency Bluefrog Fundraising, episode one features celebrated fundraising legend Giles Pegram, CBE, former fundraising director of the NSPCC.
- Why do people give? The podcast with Lyndall Stein Why do people give? The podcast hosted by esteemed fundraising expert Mark Phillips is back, this time with the amazing Lyndall Stein. In the interview, Lyndall shares many wonderful memories including working for the African National Congress and raising money to fight the spread of HIV/AIDS, to name a few.