16 pages tagged with Legacy fundraising:
- 20 years of collaborating to grow legacy giving Two decades on from the launch of the first national legacy promotion consortium, Rob Cope, director of Remember A Charity, looks back and celebrates the charity sector’s drive to collaborate, share and exchange learning around legacy fundraising.
- Battersea Dogs and Cats Home: ‘Leaving a gift in your will’ TV ad Since this upbeat, inspiring television ad started airing in 2020 it has helped generate over 1,000 legacy information pack requests. But how did the fundraisers do it? Keep reading to discover how Battersea Dogs and Cats Home created a legacy television ad that’s proven its worth over the past three years… and counting.
- Five ‘must dos’ of bequest fundraising In this helpful breakdown of how to set out a legacy fundraising strategy, Fiona insists that it is not just the big brand charities that have the potential to develop a significant legacy income and provides step-by-step advice on how to increase legacy-gifts for your organisation.
- Gifts in wills and the NSPCC brochure NSPCC brochure in full.
- Hilda’s suitcase: when’s the right time to discuss leaving a legacy? Step into SOFII’s archive to explore more insights on legacy giving. We think you’ll love this charming and personal story from Norma Cameron, in Canada, who learned a very important lesson about gift planning from her mum.
- In-memoriam donation thank-you letter samples These letters are part of Lisa Sargent’s thank-you letter clinic: How to write lively memorial donation thank-you letters.
- Jewish Foundation of Manitoba: The Book of Life legacy programme It’s hard to know how to start a conversation about legacies. But the Jewish Foundation of Manitoba found the perfect way to do just that. In this case study, Kimberley MacKenzie explains that instead of talking about death, the charity chose to talk about life – through the stories of their donors.
- Just the facts on legacy giving Rumour has it that legacy gifts account for as much as one-third of the philanthropic income of charities in the UK, or at least of the largest ones. Whether or not that’s an accurate estimate, it’s clear to all observers that legacies account for a far larger share of charitable revenue in the British Isles than they do elsewhere.
- LA Gay and Lesbian Center: legacy leadership campaign The centre created an exceptional legacy programme, combining the best of direct mail and telephone marketing with sensitive cultivation and stewardship techniques.
- Legacy brochures from 90 years ago – what’s the same and what’s different to today? This is a rare ‘legacy edition’ from our ever-growing fundraising history project. Marina Jones has uncovered some gems in The Salvation Army archive, two legacy brochures from the 1930s. In this article she looks at what’s stayed the same (Marina found ten things!), as well as what’s changed, when it comes to talking to donors about making a gift in their will.
- Legacy seeds ‘The ‘past’ truly can be a part of a glorious future’ – John Lepp explains why sprinkling some legacy seeds in your donor communications can lay the groundwork for future success.
- Shelter: Give People Change legacy proposition and campaign In this case study you’ll discover how Shelter transformed their legacy fundraising and secured £1 million of pledges in just one year. Crucially, the charity began their campaign with a new and improved proposition for long-term donors.
- Should you enthusiastically promote legacy giving when people are dying? Is it a good time to be asking your donors to leave a legacy? Claire Axelrad explores this difficult question and comes to some thought-provoking conclusions.
- The Legacy Showcase – where fundraisers share inspiring campaigns SOFII knows that fundraisers like you understand the importance of legacy fundraising and are seeking new ideas to inform and inspire your work. Well look no further! The Legacy Showcase is a collection of short videos where fundraisers share their favourite legacy campaign and explain why they think it’s worthy of your admiration too.
- The secret of legacy giving is hidden in the life story of your best donors Ashley Rowthorn shares memories of his grandfather and explains how his story relates to research into how and why donors leave money to charities in their wills. If you are working in legacy fundraising, be sure to take a look!
- Why do people give? The legacy podcast with Richard Radcliffe In this conversation, experienced legacy fundraiser Richard Radcliffe shares why people leave bequests and what changes he has noticed over the years, particularly as baby boomers have begun to seriously consider which charities they want to remember.