5 pages tagged with Religion:
- All Saints and St Andrew’s Church, UK: parachuting teddy bears Is this the world’s first teddy bear parachute jump? The basic idea is not only appealing, it was easy to organise, cost almost nothing and is easily copied.
- Albert Street Methodist Sunday School: the foot of pennies from the 1930s A small yet colourful part of England’s fundraising heritage had been discovered in a Methodist chapel about to be demolished. As their finder explains, these fun feet of pennies are engagement devices designed to make collecting for charity easy and so to hook neophytes into the habit of giving.
- Longstowe Church, Cambridgeshire, UK: restoration appeal ‘Recession? What recession? It all goes to show that good fundraising still works, recession or not.’ How a tiny congregation in rural England raised the huge sum needed to restore their splendid church.
- Saint Demetrios: Greek festival Each year St Demetrios Greek Orthodox church in Seattle, USA traditional festival is run entirely by volunteers - including some excellent fundraising.
- The early Christian Church: St Paul’s letter to the Corinthians This may not be the world’s earliest ever recorded mention of fundraising but it could well be the first ever example of a fundraising director exhorting his troops to achieve their targets. Or, do you know different?