This is for YOU: an urgent appeal from Simone Joyaux, fundraising sage and long-term supporter of SOFII.
- Written by
- Simone Joyaux
- June 06, 2018
That’s you. Yes, really it is. Keeping SOFII going, keeping SOFII free. Night and day, 24/7, for always. For fellow fundraisers everywhere, in every country across our planet from Azerbaijan to Zimbabwe, from Zaire to America. Wherever there’re fundraisers and good work to be done, you’ll be there.
You are about to do something truly wonderful. Your monthly gift to SOFII will unlock moving memories, bring history to life, share the best of best practices and stimulate change for good. Month after month after month.
- A good memory is a tremendous asset for a fundraiser. SOFII is every fundraisers’ collective memory – a place where you and people like you can find successes to inspire more successes, with the odd word of warning on what not to do.
- Lessons from a colourful, informative historyare important too. To know where you’re going you need to know where you’ve come from, where you’ve been and are now, as well as where you want to arrive.
- The world’s best collection of fundraising case histories. Really. More than 700 detailed examples of what works and what doesn’t can be found here, each taking you to the inside of how charities create great fundraising.
- And lots, lots more too.Ideas, inspiration, information, innovation, insights, challenges, stretches, surprises, solutions…
Of course, to keep SOFII free, I need your help. Yes, yours.
If you’re here, it’s probably safe to assume you’re a fundraiser – a conscientious one who wants to do the very best for your cause. I very much hope SOFII helps you to do that, just as it helps many other fundraisers throughout the world, who may not be in a position to give money to support us.
SOFII only exists at all because so many people give something. Their time, their exhibits, their comments, their opinions.
Now, we need your money – it’s a simple as that. Please click here to give your support to SOFII now.
Whatever you can give each month, large or small, SOFII will quickly put it to great use.
Thank you for keeping SOFII going and for keeping SOFII free. That is a BIG deal, believe me.
on behalf of
PS.To find out why and how your gift each month makes such a difference, have a quick read through one or more of the letters linked below.
SOFII’s letters to look out for
- John Watson, copywriter and direct marketing guru, on the direct mail appeal, now lost, that made him cry.
- Meredith Niles, director of engagement and fundraising at Marie Curie, on training future leaders and making sure no fundraiser is ever alone.
- Craig Linton, managing director of DonorVoice Europe, on why SOFII is his best fundraising friend.
- Carolina Herrera, SOFII’s project manager, on why helping fundraisers to connect with SOFII’s content is one of the world’s best jobs.
- Richard Tuner, @iFundraiser, describes a brilliant idea copied from SOFII, making the case for learning from the past, and adapting it to today’s fast-changing world.
- In the last letter in this series SOFII’s founder Ken Burnett explains how your company can stand alongside SOFII as a business partner and the many benefits that will bring, for your business.