11 pages tagged with Digital:
- A story that wakes you up in your career If emotional responses raise money, then fundraisers need to think about the last story that genuinely ‘woke them up in their career’ and made them feel something.
- Cancer Research UK’s ‘no-make-up selfie’ campaign An 18 year old from Stoke in the UK is credited with dreaming up the no-make-up selfie craze that raised an amazing £1 million in the first 24 hours, mainly through text messages and social media. The craze went on to raise £8 million in a week. Cancer Research UK can now report back to their hundreds of thousands of new donors that 10 clinical trials are now in place that otherwise wouldn't exist.
- JustGiving: a ‘for profit, for good’ platform for online giving. Is JustGiving the most transformational development in the UK charitable sector since the introduction of street face-to-face fundraising? Find out here.
- Knickers Model’s Own in aid of Cancer Research UK A grieving daughter's fashion tribute to her mother became a highly successful digital fundraising campaign that turned grief into a triumph and a legacy, raising nearly £60,000.
- MSF warehouse: virtual catalogue and mass marketing campaign This exciting exhibit proves that digital fundraising can work…as long as it works with the core values of the charity. This is a must-read for anyone considering a digital fundraising campaign.
- Ocean Conservancy ‘let us know’ pop-outs online draw engagement and uncover hidden bequests Environmental advocacy group Ocean Conservancy have created a smart and well-designed pop-up widget for their planned giving micro-site that encourages digital dialogue among website visitors to help uncover hidden legacy gifts and generate fundraising leads .
- Royal National Lifeboat Institution RNLI: Lifeboat Launch SMS alerts An insightful use of technology that brings RNLI donors closer to the lifesaving work. This text service allows donors to donate each time their chosen lifeboat is out saving lives and to receive an alert of launches in real-time.
- Ten easy fixes for the design of your donation form Beate Sorum shares digital how-tos, things to do and not to do and 10 tips to make your online donation form work much better.
- The hashtag - I wish I’d thought of that Social media and fundraising go hand in hand, and these days there is one little symbol with the power to connect thousands of people to your cause. Of course, it's the hashtag. But why has the hashtag gone from being a neglected key on our keyboards to one we just can't afford to ignore?
- WaterAid: The Big Dig A very fine example of how storytelling, done right, can change the world. Isn’t the infographic just great? (SOFII loves the crossed legs). This campaign is fun, innovative, engaging, emotional (imagine how you’d feel with no toilet…) and highly effective as, inevitably, real storytelling in real time was bound to be. Altogether brilliant.
- Why have a board? You have to have a board. That’s what the law says. Any other reason? Well, having a board really does add value – more value than just raising or giving money.