CDE project 5 section 6: appendices
- Written by
- The Commission on the Donor Experience
- April 22, 2017
Appendix 1: Research sources
1. Relationship Fundraising: A donor-based approach to the business of raising money by Ken Burnett
3. The Donor Journey Pocket Guide by Rogare
4. How to love your donors (to death) by Stephen Pidgeon
5. Relationship Fundraising Volumes 1 to 4, Rogare
7. The User’s Journey by Donna Lichaw
Additional context and background
- See also CDE project 3, Satisfaction and commitment, here.
- See also CDE project 4, Thank you and welcome, here.
- See also CDE project 13, Giving donors choices, here.
- See also CDE project 18, Supporters as advocates, here.
Recommended further reading:
Appendix 2: Methodology
The project recruited a group of fundraisers from within the enthusiasts to determine the scope of the project, carry out the mystery shopping, design the questionnaire and liaise with participating charities. The group has also reviewed the final report.
Rachel Hunnybun, Donor Voice
Steff de Simone, Care2
Hayley Lloyd, Practical Action
Gabi Field, St Catherine’s Hospice
Jennie Sullivan, Great Ormond Street Hospital
Lily Davies, Chickenshed
Nine charities completed our questionnaire about the supporter journeys that they have developed. The questions asked can be seen in the VSO case study example above.
Prostate Cancer UK
Four charities wished to remain anonymous
We spoke with Jen Love from Agents of Good and Ontario Nature in Canada via Skype, and they shared their experience of developing a supporter journey.
We also received a case study from Murat Ismail from King’s College London and King’s Health Partners, as well as an article from Ellen Janssens from the Dutch Heart Foundation