CDE project 3 appendix 3: sample questions
A quick Google search will bring up many sample questionnaires, but for ease we have included a couple here.
- Written by
- The Commission on the Donor Experience
- May 01, 2017
About Loyalty survey
The About Loyalty benchmarking survey measures Commitment, Satisfaction and Trust, which have been shown to be the most significant drivers of Loyalty.
Each question uses a 7-point Likert-type scale with options from Agree Strongly to Disagree Strongly.
About Loyalty ask five questions in the Donor Satisfaction section of their survey, which they then combine to create an overall Satisfaction score:
- I am always thanked appropriately for any gift to [Charity].
- I feel [Charity] understands why I offer my support.
- Overall I am very satisfied with how [Charity] treats me as a donor.
- [Charity]’s communications always meet my needs for information.
- [Charity]’s fundraising communications are always appropriate in style and tone.
About Loyalty ask three questions in the Donor Commitment section of their survey, which they then combine to create an overall Commitment score:
- I care passionately about the work of [Charity].
- The relationship I have with this charity is something I am very committed to.
- [Charity] is working to achieve a goal that I care passionately about.
About Loyalty ask four questions in the donor Trust section of their survey which they then combine to create an overall Trust score:
- I trust [Charity] to deliver the outcomes it promises for its beneficiaries.
- [Charity] can always be counted on to do what is right.
- [Charity] can always be trusted.
- [Charity] can be counted on to use donated funds appropriately.
The three scores are then combined to give an overall Loyalty Score for each donor.
Sample questions for C-SAT
There is no one survey to give a C-SAT score, but these questions have been developed for charities based on a commercial sector survey.
After a call to your Supporter Care team, you should find out:
- How well did [Charity X] staff listen to you?
- Was you query answered well?
- And quickly?
- Was the phone answered in an acceptable amount of time?
Online, you should look at:
- Was the information you were looking for easy to find?
- Did your feel inspired after using the website?
- How easy was it for you to…? (See Customer Effort)
When you ask someone to donate:
- Do you feel pressured into giving?
- Are you made to feel guilty if you don’t give?
When you thank them:
- Do you feel like you have made a difference to something important by making this donation?
- Do we make you feel valued?
- And recognised?